This is an ElvenRunes Monthly
Feature written by Blenda, edited by Vaire and published
While many of are just
idling away or off chasing orcs or elves. This column will
fill you in about the people behind the characters, glimpses into
their real life adventures and a bit about news, events and trends
in this game we play called MUME.
If you have any events, news
anniversaries, birthdays or anything else you would like everyone
to know mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: There was about a 4-5 day delay in this issue which was my (Vaire's fault) due to my schedule and resovling some access issues. Apologies all...
Avaste all ye filthy Spammers!
Tis a sad Pirate that contacts you today, I am back in UK and well... need I say more? Where have all the kebabs gone? And no I don't mean the filthy ones you get in town, I mean the proper ones! I miss you Folkets!
Both newborns seem to be doing fine. Kelen and Celint's little girl has already been spotted sailing around Africa, looting and pillaging, just like her
parents. And Liliah and Ert's child is currently on her 3rd level 60 character, and waiting eagerly for the world of warcraft expansion.
Well time flies and the Hogmany Festival is getting closer. Come on people, it will be the event of the year! Both me and thurge!! have booked tickets and
seriously, what other motivation do you need? And Stolb, I promise that if you come along, I'll dress up in my Aladdin suit and you can take me out! *wink* (Kelen can apply makeup!)
I *think* mume was down for a day or so a couple of days back, I really can't confirm this as I can't seem to find any thread about it and as I never have access to
mume nor msn I am going to have to rely on the whines and spams of the fellow ER population. Hope it was all fixed!
Although cut off from the civilised world, I still managed to gather some reliable gossip: Blenda's gossip - the in no way made up truth about the mumers.
Stolb is currently plotting to come up to Scotland for the New Years Eves party but like any Redshirt he has a list of demands that need to be met before he arrives. Ria is currently negotiating the treaty and if all goes well, Stolb may make an apperance at the party.
After purchasing a gun to feel safe, Materia now roams the streets with his band of Redshirts and are helping make the streets a better place. Luckily,
they're still free xp!
Mortal (still played)
|| Ypsilon, 100
|| Lowyn, 100
|| Zaber, 89
|| Reno, 75?
|| Staub, 87
|| Secret, 69
|| Nazghul, 73
|| Fayth, 59
TPs (evil races)
|| Blaise, CApril 1993
|| Mouser, Jan. 1994
||Trix, April 1994
*Unofficial data, Still played
defined as played in last 90 days, Ranger of the Month based on
nomination. To submit any data mail email@example.com.
Unofficial Ranger List
*Unofficial data, If you
would like to be added or removed from this list please send an e-mail with
all appropriate details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- After being chased by another group of drooling 14 year olds, Ling has yet again been forced to flee the city. She was last seen with Luke's huge group heading towards a safer location. We wish her well!
- Rumours are adrift about a top mume meeting which will be held sometime within the next few months. My inside source tells of rifts within the top management and fears of a possible terrorist attack by Androg. Naturally, whatever I hear shall swifty be passed on to you!
- Hector has recently signed a contract with a huge record company. They were looking for up and coming talent and have been after him for sometime. My contacts say
that it's a 5 year deal and that he'll be working with some of the finest names in the industry. We wish you luck Hector! Oh and one thing. SEND ME MORE SONGS FFS YOU LAZY SNAGA!
- After several months of hiding, Boofhead has finally been caught by Celint and his band of pirates and has been forced to set up a team in Motd, Celint's weekly
football game. Boofhead, prepare to meet my Squirrels! (It's great fun! Come and Join!)
- Faint is currently playing World of Warcraft with his mother... It's either incredible cute or incredible... wrong? And Vaire has been seen playing that very same game with her son and some current and former mumers, clearly very cute.
- Bobbie, where are the new drawings? I have been flooded with fan mail asking you to add new mume pictures to your profile! We want more of the good stuff!
- Thurge is still trying to learn how to kickbox. How many times do i need to say this? Trolls just trample stuff! I thought you were old school!
- Deor is still on a rampage, beheading and quartering mume's cheaters, better watch out.
- The mume and ER communities said goodbye to Bodycast, a hero among trolls. Several people from both communities contribued to gifts for the family, a peace lily and a statuette of a fallen troll's helmet.
He will be greatly missed.
- So who's gotten one year older hmmm? Who's added another bag of wrinkles to their face?
- Birthdays: 15. September - Alkar, 16. September - Luininu, 21. September - Beran,
22. September - Sloshed, 24. September - Tharaphita, 25. September - Boldo,
2. October - Nator
- Oh and ya, I do look better than you do in a pink shirt. Tough. Cya next month!
(Exclusive interviews with Sardjotjen about the ghetto and Frejya on shoes and hambags. Don't miss!)